The Sessions provides the bridge between dreams and reality by Enriching artist lives through Education, focusing on Empowering and sharpening their business skills in the pursuit of excellence.
The Sessions is a natural next step for Jules Follett, author/photographer of Sticks ‘n’ Skins, the world’s premier photojournalistic essay on drummers and their unique world. While creating The Sessions, Jules kept hearing stories about Artists who did not get their fair share of the financial rewards from some of the most successful recordings in which they were involved. Jules met with some of her top advisors, including Dom Famularo (The Drumming World’s Global Ambassador), Liberty DeVitto (Drummer/Recording Artist), Joe Hibbs (Artist Manager/KHS Musical Instruments), Paul Quin, Esq. (Entertainment Attorney and Music Business Consultant), and Carlos Guzman (Production and Tour Manager) to discuss how to educate artists about these issues.
A powerful and interactive panel presentation was created to help develop a foundation for a successful career in the entertainment business for musicians. Our expert panel addresses topics contract negotiations, entertainment law, marketing, self-promotion, image maintenance and artist relations with a focus on the academic and real-world practical advice. This program has been carefully crafted by industry experts to support, reinforce and enhance music business programs offered by colleges and universities and is offered in cities throughout the world, featuring accomplished guest panelists at each session.
The Sessions events include the interactive panel presentation and usually a jam session.
The Sessions also interviews music industry Artists sharing their story, valuable information and advice from all areas of the business, in our Artist Series interviews. These exclusive interviews can be found on the Video page and The Sessions Panel Youtube page, with 1000’s of subscribers.
Go to our ALUMNI page of to see previous guest panelists and check out these venues or schools we’ve been to (Contact us to bring it to your school) :
- Winter and Summer NAMM
- Guitar Center Long Beach, CA
- Lone Star Percussion Dallas, TX
- Max Fisher Music Center Detroit, MI
- GM Drum School/KoSA Turin, Italy
- Carnegie Mellon University PIttsburgh, PA
- Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO
- California State University Long Beach, CA
- Los Angeles College of Music Los Angeles, CA
- The Collective New York City, NY
- EMP Museum Seattle, WA
- Loyola University New Orleans, LA
- California Art Institute Valencia, CA
- Musicians Institute Los Angeles, CA
- McNally Smith College of Music St. Paul, MN
- The Theater Arts Performing School Bronx, NY
- USC Thornton School of Music Los Angeles, CA
- Tchaikovsky Conservatory Nocerne, Italy
- FutureSkills Media Salford, England
- Access to Music Birmingham, England
- MediaTech Institute Dallas, TX
- Appalachian State University Boone, NC
- National Association for Music Education (NAfME) Nashville, TN
- Berklee City Music Summit New York City, NY
- California State Long Beach, CA
- Tennessee Music Educators Association Nashville, TN
- Music Starts Here at W.O. Smith School Nashville, TN
- College of Saint Rose Albany, NY
- Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN
- Capital University Columbus, OH
- Conservatoire a Rayonnement Paris, France
- Berufsfachschule Fur Musik Dinkelsbuhl, Germany
- Harrisburg Area Community College Harrisburg, PA