We look forward to an opportunity to bring The Sessions to you and your venue!
The mission of The Sessions is to provide a bridge between dreams and reality by enriching artists’ lives through education, focusing on empowering and sharpening their business skills in the pursuit of excellence. As part of our dedication to create a pathway for success for future musicians, we would be willing to offer a scholarship to help a deserving student at your school.
The Sessions is a powerful and interactive, presentation that helps develop a foundation for a successful career in the entertainment business. Our expert panel addresses topics including contract negotiations, entertainment law, marketing, self-promotion, image maintenance and artist relations. We focus not only on the academic but also real world practical advice. This program has been carefully crafted by industry experts to support, reinforce and enhance music business programs offered by colleges and universities.
Each event ends with a musical performance by the panelists with an open invitation to the attendees to join in and “jam.” Please go to www.TheSessions.org, The Sessions Panel on Facebook or our YouTube channel for more videos, photos and information along with our Legend & Artist Series interviews.
The Sessions Board of Directors and core panel includes Liberty DeVitto (drummer/recording artist with Billy Joel), Dom Famularo (Global Music Ambassador), Paul Quin, Esq. (Entertainment Attorney and Music Business Consultant), Carlos Guzman (Production and Tour Manager), Christine Ohlman (Saturday Night Live vocalist), Rick Drumm (Pres/Founder Traction Business Coaching; former Pres. of D’Addario & Co. and Vic Firth), Rick DeJonge (KHS America Artist & Education Relations Manager) and Jules Follett (Author of Sticks ‘n’ Skins). In addition, The Sessions invites guest panelists and legends within the music industry to join the panel and add to the depth of expertise. Past Legends include Ed Shaughnessy (The Tonight Show), Peter Erskine (Weather Report), Nate Watts (Stevie Wonder), Bernard Purdie (Steely Dan), Jerry Jemmott (Aretha Franklin), Billy Cobham and many more. All of our artist panelists bring real knowledge and global experience to your students.
Below are a few of the prestigious venues & schools around the world where The Sessions has been presented:
- Musicians Institute Los Angeles, CA
- Winter & Summer NAMM Anaheim, CA; Nashville, TN
- GM Drum School Turin, Italy
- Lone Star Percussion Dallas, TX
- USC Thornton School of Music Los Angeles, CA
- The Collective NYC
- Max Fisher Music Center Detroit, MI
- Loyola University New Orleans, LA
- California State University Long Beach & Northridge, CA
- Los Angeles College of Music, CA
- Colorado State University Boulder, CO
- McNally Smith College of Music Minneapolis, MN
- California Institute of the Arts Valencia, CA
- Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh PA
- The Theater Arts Performing School Bronx, NY
- Tchaikovsky Conservatory Nocerne, Italy
- FutureSkills Media Salford, England
- Access to Music Birmingham, England
- MediaTech Institute Dallas, TX
- W.O. Smith Nashville, TN
- Berklee City Music Summit New York City, NY
- Indiana State University Terre Haute, IN
- Capital University Columbus, OH
- Winston-Salem State University Winston-Salem, NC
- Indiana University Bloomington, IN
- Conservatoire A Rayonnement Regional De Paris Paris, France
- Berufsfachschule für Musik Dinkelsbuhl, Germany
The Sessions is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We provide this seminar at no cost to your organization. Within certain limitations, we can structure the length of your presentation to meet your needs and the range is typically 4-6 hours, including the jam session.
Please feel free to contact any of our regular panelists for more information or Ms. Marissa Noguez to discuss dates and address any questions concerning logistics or any other matter. Marissa can be reached at 727-866-8186.
This presentation is part of our Organization’s mission to give back to others what the music industry has given to us. Our panelists are committed to this mission and we strongly believe that this program will “Enrich, Educate and Empower” your students. We look forward to discussing this further with you.